Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Game of Life

My roommates and I were sitting in our living room talking the other day about board games. Of course, Life came up. Everyone loves that game and it seems at some point, everyone has cheated. At least when Holly and I played together and the time would come for Holly to pick the card that was going to be her job, I would make it obvious which card held her favorite job (or maybe her least favorite depending on how ornery I was feeling). Life was one of those games where it was just fun to play whether or not you won and were able to retire to the Presidential Estates. It's a very strange feeling becoming a "real" person who is actually supposed to contribute to society. While I've known this was coming all along, it's still really weird the first time you see one of your close friends in a wedding dress.
I know exactly what job I want and my opponent has made it very obvious what I have to do to get it (my opponent is very ornery and really likes bribes apparently). This med school application is a pain in the rear so I have created my own job. I am going to go to France and study the S.O.S. Medecin system where doctors still make house calls at night for minor ailments such as fevers and see if it could reduce congestion in the in America. It's brilliant! But I'm having a hard time finding someone who will pay me. Any takers? I'm cheap- just food, housing a plane ticket to Paris. No? Ah, it was worth a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment