Friday, December 11, 2009

Rock Chalk

The major reason that I do not want to go home: I'm afraid that I'll wake up and it will all be a dream. Someone will just say, "You hit  your head on the steering wheel when that idiot rear-ended you and you had a concussion." I'll be in Kansas and they'll tell me it was all a dream.  At least my reality will be in color.

There is a GREAT youtube video that makes all my friends and I here laugh until we cry.  It's called David after the dentist.  This poor 9-year-old boy had to get his teeth pullled and put on pain medicine.  He's a little loopy.  Our favorite line by far is when he says, "Is this real life?" We've had several moments while we were here when we've busted out that quote.  That's what I feel like these last three months have been: me questioning reality.

I'm know that I have learned so much since I was over here and I'm sure some of it won't even hit me until later. But don't care. I'm just glad I was brave enough to come.

I can't wait to see you all and hope that I don't sit next to another crazy person on this flight!!

If I am Dorothy, can I just tap my heels three times and be home?

No comments:

Post a Comment