Friday, January 22, 2010

Far Above

There is never a dull moment on KU's campus! Last week my roommate decided she wanted to start going to the Rec to work-out at 6 AM like we used to do Sophomore year. She never was able to get up so I decided I would wake up and make her go with me this morning. I was successful! But obviously that is not the fun part of the story. I ran on the treadmill and then decided to do some weights while she stretched and did crunches. We were about to go when we ran into another girl we know. She asked if we had been running on the track. "No. Why?" She just raises her eyebrows and says we should stretch over next to the track by the aerobic classroom. There is a spot on the track where you can look down into the room where aerobic group classes take place (the main reason why I don't take them- like I need more people to see how I have no rhythm). Anyways, we wandered over there a little confused to stretch. We sat down, peaked into the room, and started cracking up! It's 7:15 in the morning and still dark out. This is Campus. Most people in the surrounding area are asleep and those who are awake are only kind of awake (including those at the Rec). What do we see? Two people dressed in all black with masks and helmets on doing what I only can assume is Japanese sword-fighting screeching like Jackie Chan on stimulants. KU is always full of surprises!!

No comments:

Post a Comment