Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Hail to thee

I'm finally starting to feel better in Paris. I slept all day yesterday and went to class today although I am still some what in a fog.  Today, we went on our first site visit in Paris for Art History.  Now as Paris is a much bigger city that Florence, we received metro cards as part of program so we can go to our site visits more easily.  Paris's metro is no exception to the metro rule: strange people ride it.  Today we went to Saint Denis Basilique, the first gothic church in all of Europe and thus the world. It also home to King Louis XIV, AKA the Sun King, and Marie Antoinette and her idiot husband Louis XVI.  I saw all of their tombs plus King Charlemagne which I didn't know was there. But I digress, the point of this blog entry is to talk about what I saw on the subway.  Or I should say, what I shielded my eyes from. On the way back to our dorms, a group of us got on a subway car where we had to stand. One stop into our journey, my friend Clint mutters under his breath, "oh my God. There's a rat in that guy's hood." Yup, the guy I was standing right next to, had a pet rat in the hood of his sweat shirt. None of us knew what to do. My two guy friends start laughing under their breath while I try to scramble as far away as possible (a mere 2 feet). Then my other friend goes on to say, "That's just not sanitary. I mean this train lurks. What if it just falls out?" I do not want to know! I just want to make sure it doesn't fall out on me!! After another stop, I managed to get further away so that I could relax and laugh about it too.  I found especially obnoxious when his girlfriend started to pet the rat when it was still in his hood. Oh dear. Paris a beacoup de surprise! 

Snapfish: Groups

No comments:

Post a Comment