Monday, November 23, 2009

Our Alma Mater

I know it has been a LOOONNNNGGG time since I've written and for that, I am truly sorry.  Good news is that I found a few more verses to the song so I can keep writing (hopefully more frequently). I have now traveled to 2 places since I last wrote.  First off, MORGAN CAME! That was extremely exciting to me. We went to Prague and had a real adventure. Morgan had planned out all the logistics: she knew how to get to the place we stayed and what we should do. I will be uploading the photos shortly and will have to add commentary because you might think I'm a horrible photographer.  Also, Morgan's pictures are far more fun to look at because you have the privilege of feasting your eyes on the two of us more often.  That trip was exactly what I needed after the stress of the break. I LOVED it, especially because there were a multitude of beagles!!  Morgan and I also got to see the ballet at the old opera house with my class. It was gorgeous! She had the pleasure of meeting Brittany (my art history teacher) when no one else has.  Here are all the other things we did: went to Place de Concorde, the Louvre gardens, Notre Dame, Bastille, Musee d'Orsay, the Eiffel tower, Sacre Couer, Montmartre cemetery, Moulin Rouge, and my favorite restaurant, Chartier. That does not include the things Morgan did while I was in class!

This weekend my class went to Normandy and Britany.  In preparation for seeing Omaha Beach in Normandy, I had to present information about WWII and the Landing.  I asked Grandma what she remembers from WWII and presented it to the class. My teacher LOVED it. I got an A- thanks Grandma! Actually going to Omaha Beach was surreal. It's so peaceful now that it's hard to imagine.  France gave the U.S. the beach out of thanks so that we could have a cemetery and memorial. All the crosses are facing west, towards home.

No wonder I am exhausted. What two weeks I've had!

No comments:

Post a Comment