Saturday, October 17, 2009

Ever Onward

Ever onward indeed. I suppose it is about time, but I am now truly homesick.  As much as I love everyone in my class, it is about time for all of us to have our space which does not help either.

On a happier note, yesterday I took the train down to Perugia for Chocolate Festival 2009. It was DELICIOUS!!! I have never seen so much chocolate! Unfortunately, there were not nearly as many free sample as I would have liked. I had a chocolate covered banana and I saw, but did not buy, chocolate Kababs! It was comprised of sweet bread with chocolate shavings, some strawberry syrup and whipped cream. I purchased some great dark chocolate with hazelnuts in it. One thing I have noticed about Italians (or maybe Europeans) is that they love Hazelnut chocolate. It's very curious, I really do not like hazelnuts, but when you put them in combination with chocolate it is nothing short of pure heaven!  At the festival, you could purchase a 5 euro card that got you free samples.  Well, I did not collect all of the samples I could, but let me tell you about the ones I did.  First, with the purchase of the card, I was awarded some carbonated fruit juice in a mini can. Not too bad I guess.  The second one was far and away the best!! It was warmed dark chocolate- it was far too rich to be normal hot chocolate.  IT WAS SOOOO GOOD!!! Especially since it has gotten quite chilly here and the government apparently decides when to turn on the heat.  The third free thing I got, was get this... a pencil! I want chocolate not a pencil!! My roommates and I were very discouraged by this and didn't look for anymore free "chocolate" until we came by another stand on the card, Limmi.  I thought it was lemonade, nope! It is a bottle of lemon juice- the kind you cook with.  So very strange.

Now that I'm sure you are all craving chocolate I'll tell you that I did pick up some chocolate bars that I will send home the Hayden and Stacy for you all. =) I miss you all!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MORGAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment