Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Stands

It has been a crazy few days! My entire class plus our professor and another teacher went to Fiesole (pronounced FEE-uh-SOLE-lay) which is the edge of Florence on top of a hill. It gives a beautiful view of Florence and I got to ride the city bus! Very full. There is also a Franciscan monastery that we visited. There was a place that you give a few cents and light a candle for someone. I thought about lighting one for Grandpa; however, I remembered that it was a Catholic church and thought he would like it better if I didn't. Yesterday was the first day of class and we were assigned a TON of reading, but I like the teachers.  It also rained for the first time yesterday, but it was ok because we had so much reading to do.  I went to the grocery store also and the cashier asked me something in Italian! She legitimately thought I knew Italian! Normally, cashiers and such can spot tourists (especially Americans) from a mile away and either speak to you in English or if, they don't know English, not at all. She thought I was all smart until she saw the completely blank look on my face and just shook her head. I'm pretty sure she was asking me if I wanted a bag.

My neighbors do like to talk a lot. I really wish I could speak Italian so I could now what they were saying!

No comments:

Post a Comment