Thursday, September 24, 2009

Towering Toward

I'm so happy. I have been fighting withdrawal from Jayhawk football, but last night I went to a Florence Football match.  I know now how people feel when they attend Allen Fieldhouse for the first time.  From now on, I will be nicer to those who just do not understand. The locals know exactly what cheer to say when and the only lines we dumb tourists could pick  up was  "Oh Firenze! Oh Firenze!"  My friends tried to question my knowledge on soccer- they felt dumb when I was right.  We were going to the Liverpool game, but they have banned all Americans from that game.  There is too much anger towards Liverpool right now and the people in charge were afraid Italians wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the British and American accents.  These rivalries make the KU v. MU American football game look tame (so I've heard). Our housing person, Daniella, told us that she was happy we went to the game we did because riots occur quite frequently.  I bought a scarf and put on a purple shirt so that I would blend in.  We had a TON of fun and Florence beat the undefeated Genoa team 2-0!  Go Firenze!

I find it very coincidental that I am writing this now and my roommate has just informed that the KU football and basketball team are in a feud that is on ESPN. Come on boys, we'll probably need Tyshawn's thumb in a month here. Way to represent the Jayhawks! If I were in Lawrence, I'd smack them all.

I'm going to call my family's hotel in Rome in a few minutes. They'll be here tomorrow!! I'm making it a rule now, that if you come visit me, you are bringing me chocolate or anti-itch cream. Whichever.

1 comment:

  1. "chocolate or anti-itch cream"?

    I haven't tasted their anti-itch cream but doesn't Europe have tasty chocolate?

    Oh Firenze!

    ReplyDelete