Sunday, September 13, 2009

To View

My roommates and I went exploring yesterday. It's pretty amazing that I can randomly come across works of art. We found the "fake" David and the other statues that surround it.  The real David has been moved inside into a room that was made just to shelter the statue. (I read that in a travel book).  We also walked across the Pointe Vecchio bridge and checked out some markets.  We met up with the other people in our group and had dinner (at a Mexican restaurant- I thought it was weird too).  But the waiter gave us free drinks which was so nice to find something free! However, I have found through my adventures some tips for future travelers.

1.) Actively avoid puddles! I stepped in one while wearing sandals and then looked left and saw a horse drawn carriage 5 ft away. I was not happy.

2.) That brings me to #2.  Get the sanitizer spray. You will come across many strange things and swine flu is in Italy. Always sanitize to keep from getting sick with so many other tourists around.

3.) Assume everything (building, statue, person) is Catholic.  You feel like an idiot when you ask.

4.) Carry water! There are NO water fountains anywhere! And water can be about 3 euros if you try to buy it around tourist attractions.

5.) That brings me to #5 Everything is cheaper away from tourist attractions.  Walk 5 minutes in another direction and I guarantee you'll save 2 euros on just about anything.

6.) If anyone tries to hug you immediately shove them off and know that a gypsy may have just robbed you.  One of our leaders saw it happen to a tourist.

Love you all and I'm uploading pictures now!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the advice. Keep it coming 'cause we'll need it when we come!

    ReplyDelete